- WE'RE JUST RANDOM SPECKS OF DUST IN A TORNADO TO THE MARKETS .......
- CHARTISTS MUST PUT ALL BIAS ASIDE AND LET THE CHARTS DO THE TALKING OR WE'LL SEE ONLY WHAT WE WANT TO SEE
- This blog has a copy of all header posts that I publish anywhere, so that those interested in seeing what my thoughts are on the markets can find them easily.
- I will be answering questions and responding to comments, so feel free to respond to any posts and I will see your comment even if it is not on the most recent post.
- If you're interested in seeing any intraday charts I post, I do that on twitter, and my twitter handle is @shjackcharts.
- The charts in the posts are as large as I can practically make them. if you would like to look at one more closely, click on it, and the link will take you to a larger version at screencast. If you click on that again, you will get a full page version, and can use the resizing function on your browser to enlarge parts of interest further.

Thursday 14 January 2016

Just A Little Further

I was saying on my post yesterday that the bear flag setup strongly favored at least a retest of the lows and we most certainly got that. On a sustained break below the lows yesterday the full bear flag target is under 1800, but Stan and I are not expecting this break to be sustained. The other cycle trend day this week is tomorrow, and our lean is to see a strong rally then. Today or possibly tomorrow morning we should see a new low below yesterday's low our ideal number is in the 1879 SPX area, which Stan has been looking at in our theartofchart.net subscriber daily video updates for the last few days. SPX might go a bit lower than that but a decent rally should be close now.

In the short term the falling wedge has now evolved into a falling channel and SPX is on a 60min buy signal that I'm expecting to see play out, most likely after marginal new lows are made.  SPX 60min chart:
On the RUT daily chart I'm working a possible overall falling megaphone from the highs, and that support trendline is just a little lower. RUT daily chart:
Is it possible equities break down hard directly from here? Yes, but the odds favor a rally before very likely new lows. I'll be doing a post at theartofchart.net on the big topping patterns and targets on SPX, NDX and RUT either today or tomorrow.

Stan and I will be doing a free to all educational webinar on trading in bear markets on Thursday 21st January and I'll be posting a link to that here tomorrow. I think the odds of seeing 1600 SPX tested this year are good so if you're interested in strategies to trade that test I'd suggest attending.

Natural modesty aside, Stan and I have really been knocking it out of the park over the last few weeks and any of you who are struggling with these markets should consider subscribing to our (evening) daily video service. I also do bonus futures charts for ES, NQ, TF, DX, CL, GC and ZB every day for subscribers, and as I'm changing the password tomorrow, I'm publishing the access password for that today so any of you can check that page out. My bonus charts can be seen here, and the password is room101.

Looking for a more consolidation type day today. We may well see an AM high that fails though, and we are looking for that ideal 1879 SPX target to likely be tested today or tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment