- WE'RE JUST RANDOM SPECKS OF DUST IN A TORNADO TO THE MARKETS .......
- CHARTISTS MUST PUT ALL BIAS ASIDE AND LET THE CHARTS DO THE TALKING OR WE'LL SEE ONLY WHAT WE WANT TO SEE
- This blog has a copy of all header posts that I publish anywhere, so that those interested in seeing what my thoughts are on the markets can find them easily.
- I will be answering questions and responding to comments, so feel free to respond to any posts and I will see your comment even if it is not on the most recent post.
- If you're interested in seeing any intraday charts I post, I do that on twitter, and my twitter handle is @shjackcharts.
- The charts in the posts are as large as I can practically make them. if you would like to look at one more closely, click on it, and the link will take you to a larger version at screencast. If you click on that again, you will get a full page version, and can use the resizing function on your browser to enlarge parts of interest further.

Friday 11 November 2016

Knife Fight at 2150 ES

Just a quick post today as I'm not feeling well and my ability to multitask declines sharply when I'm feeling under the weather. I've mainly been calling the turns on the epic knife fight at 2150 today and if you aren't following my twitter you'll have missed that. I'm going to just use the SPX 5min chart today as it shows the short term inflection point here clearly. Price needs to pick the direction, this pattern favors the bulls 70/30 but bears could still break this down.

The pattern from the close before the election on SPX was a rising channel that broke down with a possible double top setup that had a higher risk that usual of developing into a bull flag because the second high was lower. With the intraday low today a perfect triangle has been established that in this context would normally be a bull pennant looking for a retest of the rally high. If bears can't break triangle support and deliver the 30% option, that's very likely exactly what this is. If we do see that rally high retest I'd be looking for that on Monday and would be expecting that to likely be the second high of a double top.

I'd note that on a break down, this setup is also a passable looking H&S that would target the 2123 area on a sustained break below 2153 SPX, but until we see that the break up is the higher probability outcome short term. SPX 5min chart:
Everyone have a great weekend :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment