- WE'RE JUST RANDOM SPECKS OF DUST IN A TORNADO TO THE MARKETS .......
- CHARTISTS MUST PUT ALL BIAS ASIDE AND LET THE CHARTS DO THE TALKING OR WE'LL SEE ONLY WHAT WE WANT TO SEE
- This blog has a copy of all header posts that I publish anywhere, so that those interested in seeing what my thoughts are on the markets can find them easily.
- I will be answering questions and responding to comments, so feel free to respond to any posts and I will see your comment even if it is not on the most recent post.
- If you're interested in seeing any intraday charts I post, I do that on twitter, and my twitter handle is @shjackcharts.
- The charts in the posts are as large as I can practically make them. if you would like to look at one more closely, click on it, and the link will take you to a larger version at screencast. If you click on that again, you will get a full page version, and can use the resizing function on your browser to enlarge parts of interest further.

Friday 4 November 2016

Looking at the Bigger Picture

This has been a powerful lower band ride down on SPX, and both SPX and NDX have been trading between the 2sd and 3sd lower bands. These don't tend to last long and usually end with powerful rallies. The low on SPX today was a test of the 200dma and that is an obvious possible launch area. SPX daily chart:
The most bearish looking of SPX, NDX and RUT is NDX, as there is an open double top target there at 4600. Testing decent support on the way in the 4655 area. NDX daily chart:
I posted this RUT chart on Tuesday and was saying that I'd expect this double top to make target at 1149. I'd note that the 200dma is currently at 1150. That is a very possible support area, and possible low for this move. The current low on RUT is at 1156 and it should make the full target, though that might be after a strong rally. We would usually see a strong rally before any meaningful low could be made, and we haven't seen one yet. RUT daily chart:
Resistance on ES is clearly in the 2092/3 area (2098/9 SPX area) today. If bulls can convert that to support then we likely see a strong rally. If they can't then I'll be looking for that double top target on RUT.

Stan and I are doing our monthly public Chart chat on Sunday. This is free to all and if you'd like to attend you can register for that on this page here. Everyone have a great weekend. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment