- WE'RE JUST RANDOM SPECKS OF DUST IN A TORNADO TO THE MARKETS .......
- CHARTISTS MUST PUT ALL BIAS ASIDE AND LET THE CHARTS DO THE TALKING OR WE'LL SEE ONLY WHAT WE WANT TO SEE
- This blog has a copy of all header posts that I publish anywhere, so that those interested in seeing what my thoughts are on the markets can find them easily.
- I will be answering questions and responding to comments, so feel free to respond to any posts and I will see your comment even if it is not on the most recent post.
- If you're interested in seeing any intraday charts I post, I do that on twitter, and my twitter handle is @shjackcharts.
- The charts in the posts are as large as I can practically make them. if you would like to look at one more closely, click on it, and the link will take you to a larger version at screencast. If you click on that again, you will get a full page version, and can use the resizing function on your browser to enlarge parts of interest further.

Monday 7 June 2010

Important Declining Trendline on ES

I'm on holiday for a couple of days and I didn't think I'd have an internet connection but it turns out that I do, so I caught some of the action today and saw something that looked interesting enough to be worth posting.

I've been looking for a decline channel or pattern forming from the top, and at the moment I'm not seeing much other than the very large patterns I've posted previously. However I have noticed a very significant looking decline trendline that has been considerably strengthened by action in the last few days, and it is the blue trendline on this ES 60min chart:


At no stage in the last few weeks have we broken away in either direction from this trendline for more than two or three days, which is worth noting,  and we closed on it tonight.

We could be making a short term bottom here. There's definite positive divergence on RSI and MACD on the hourly chart as I've marked, and it may well be that we bounce here. If we break through that trendline overnight though, then the path is open to go considerably lower this week before returning to the trendline again by the end of the week.

EURUSD is also showing some positive divergence, having come very close to the lower trendline of the six month old broadening descending wedge on Sunday night:


Looking through the other USD currency pairs nothing much sprang to the eye in the short term except for a very steep declining channel on AUDUSD. It is so steep that I was wondering how long it could last, but I'll be watching it carefully as on a conviction break of 80, I have my next target for AUDUSD under 70, and a longer term rising wedge target of 62.5:

No comments:

Post a Comment