- WE'RE JUST RANDOM SPECKS OF DUST IN A TORNADO TO THE MARKETS .......
- CHARTISTS MUST PUT ALL BIAS ASIDE AND LET THE CHARTS DO THE TALKING OR WE'LL SEE ONLY WHAT WE WANT TO SEE
- This blog has a copy of all header posts that I publish anywhere, so that those interested in seeing what my thoughts are on the markets can find them easily.
- I will be answering questions and responding to comments, so feel free to respond to any posts and I will see your comment even if it is not on the most recent post.
- If you're interested in seeing any intraday charts I post, I do that on twitter, and my twitter handle is @shjackcharts.
- The charts in the posts are as large as I can practically make them. if you would like to look at one more closely, click on it, and the link will take you to a larger version at screencast. If you click on that again, you will get a full page version, and can use the resizing function on your browser to enlarge parts of interest further.

Thursday 3 June 2010

Muddy Waters

I've been playing round with the 15min chart on SPX and have found a rising channel that looks as though it might have some legs:


The channel top and bottom both started on the final day of the move to the low, and apart from the move to the last high within it, it looks solid and indicates that we should find resistance in the 1120 area.

I've left the IHS marked in as it is still technically valid, but I wouldn't trust a head and shoulders pattern that pulled back so hard past the neckline myself.

In the very short term it is worth noting that the RSI, MACD and stochs on this chart all look very overbought.

The market has been floundering without clear direction since the recent low. Looking at the copper chart, if it is as good an indicator as many think, this latest rise should not be trusted particularly:


One problem for equities is that after hitting the lower trendline of the broadening descending wedge two weeks ago, EURUSD has failed to make any meaningful bounce. It just traded sideways from the bottom of the wedge to the top over nine weeks after the last time that it hit the lower trendline in February. It could yet do the same again:


GBPUSD has been bouncing well since hitting the bottom of that broadening descending wedge at the same time, and is forming a broadening ascending wedge on the return to the top trendline of the larger wedge in the 1.50 area. I'm looking for a hit of the lower trendline in the 1.4525 area today or tomorrow for a good long entry:

No comments:

Post a Comment