- WE'RE JUST RANDOM SPECKS OF DUST IN A TORNADO TO THE MARKETS .......
- CHARTISTS MUST PUT ALL BIAS ASIDE AND LET THE CHARTS DO THE TALKING OR WE'LL SEE ONLY WHAT WE WANT TO SEE
- This blog has a copy of all header posts that I publish anywhere, so that those interested in seeing what my thoughts are on the markets can find them easily.
- I will be answering questions and responding to comments, so feel free to respond to any posts and I will see your comment even if it is not on the most recent post.
- If you're interested in seeing any intraday charts I post, I do that on twitter, and my twitter handle is @shjackcharts.
- The charts in the posts are as large as I can practically make them. if you would like to look at one more closely, click on it, and the link will take you to a larger version at screencast. If you click on that again, you will get a full page version, and can use the resizing function on your browser to enlarge parts of interest further.

Wednesday 9 June 2010

Probably more downside coming

Just a quick post today as I have a lot on.

The ES trendline that I posted on Monday night was key support yesterday, and survived the day unbroken. There was significant positive divergence on the RSI and MACD on the hourly chart for the last two lows and ES has duly broken up. The key test for me is whether ES can clear the important support/resistance level at 1068. If it can then we may see a significant bounce here:


If not then we should expect that declining trendline to be hit again, and today it would hit at a low enough level to deliver a new low without breaking below the trendline. There is strong support there and that might just be enough to finish the fifth subwave of this very long wave 1.

Many of the EW analysts are now agreeing that this has all been one big wave down and the obvious count to me for that wave seems to be this::


I see that Attila at Xtrends is calling for a big down day today. That could well be right. The risk certainly seems to be to the downside and I'm expecting to at least see a new low during trading hours before this long wave down is finally completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment