- WE'RE JUST RANDOM SPECKS OF DUST IN A TORNADO TO THE MARKETS .......
- CHARTISTS MUST PUT ALL BIAS ASIDE AND LET THE CHARTS DO THE TALKING OR WE'LL SEE ONLY WHAT WE WANT TO SEE
- This blog has a copy of all header posts that I publish anywhere, so that those interested in seeing what my thoughts are on the markets can find them easily.
- I will be answering questions and responding to comments, so feel free to respond to any posts and I will see your comment even if it is not on the most recent post.
- If you're interested in seeing any intraday charts I post, I do that on twitter, and my twitter handle is @shjackcharts.
- The charts in the posts are as large as I can practically make them. if you would like to look at one more closely, click on it, and the link will take you to a larger version at screencast. If you click on that again, you will get a full page version, and can use the resizing function on your browser to enlarge parts of interest further.

Tuesday 23 June 2015

First Day Upper Band Ride?

SPX hit the daily upper band yesterday and has reversed there. This may be the first day of an upper band ride, so we'll see whether it gets another touch today. I have the multiple support levels underneath in the 2102-10 zone today. SPX daily chart:
On the upside rising channel resistance is 2145/6, and the most likely signals that this market has finally topped out for the summer, and most likely for 2015, would either be a hit of channel resistance there, or a break of rising channel support in the 2075 area. The more likely option is a hit of channel resistance, and that could take a few days, though equally we could see tat tomorrow. . SPX 60min chart:
I was asked yesterday what my end of month target on SPX is and the answer is that I don't have one. I would note that tops tend to take longer than expected, and that when I have tried to fit a timetable around a top in the past, then the process has seemed to take even. longer. The truth is that when SPX is good and ready the top will be made and then the correction will be on. Until then time can be used learning new things, including patience if necessary. :-)

I'm expecting a high in the next couple of weeks, and there's a decent chance that rising channel resistance will deliver an almost exact high level when the currently unknown time variable has firmed up.

No comments:

Post a Comment