- WE'RE JUST RANDOM SPECKS OF DUST IN A TORNADO TO THE MARKETS .......
- CHARTISTS MUST PUT ALL BIAS ASIDE AND LET THE CHARTS DO THE TALKING OR WE'LL SEE ONLY WHAT WE WANT TO SEE
- This blog has a copy of all header posts that I publish anywhere, so that those interested in seeing what my thoughts are on the markets can find them easily.
- I will be answering questions and responding to comments, so feel free to respond to any posts and I will see your comment even if it is not on the most recent post.
- If you're interested in seeing any intraday charts I post, I do that on twitter, and my twitter handle is @shjackcharts.
- The charts in the posts are as large as I can practically make them. if you would like to look at one more closely, click on it, and the link will take you to a larger version at screencast. If you click on that again, you will get a full page version, and can use the resizing function on your browser to enlarge parts of interest further.

Monday 22 June 2015

Same SPX, Different Day

SPX pulled back towards support on Friday, but no technical damage was done. The close was at 2110, and support below is at:

  • 2106 - 50 day MA
  • 2104 - Daily middle band
  • 2102.5 - 5 day MA
  • 2102 - 50 hour MA
  • 2101 50 day EMA

If this raft of support levels can be broken then SPX may well be on the way back down again. Until then this was just a retracement to test support. SPX daily chart:
That said there is definitely an argument here for SPX going a bit lower this morning. There is a 5min buy signal on the chart now, but the obvious trendline target has not yet been hit. SPX 5min chart:
Unless we see a break of strong support not far below Friday's low then I'm still looking for a retest of the high before more downside.

No comments:

Post a Comment