- WE'RE JUST RANDOM SPECKS OF DUST IN A TORNADO TO THE MARKETS .......
- CHARTISTS MUST PUT ALL BIAS ASIDE AND LET THE CHARTS DO THE TALKING OR WE'LL SEE ONLY WHAT WE WANT TO SEE
- This blog has a copy of all header posts that I publish anywhere, so that those interested in seeing what my thoughts are on the markets can find them easily.
- I will be answering questions and responding to comments, so feel free to respond to any posts and I will see your comment even if it is not on the most recent post.
- If you're interested in seeing any intraday charts I post, I do that on twitter, and my twitter handle is @shjackcharts.
- The charts in the posts are as large as I can practically make them. if you would like to look at one more closely, click on it, and the link will take you to a larger version at screencast. If you click on that again, you will get a full page version, and can use the resizing function on your browser to enlarge parts of interest further.

Thursday 25 June 2015

Probably A Dip To Buy

Bears had a pleasant break from the uptrend yesterday, pulling back to close on the low just above support at the 50 DMA (2107) and the daily middle band (2104). On the bigger pictures the bears
haven't accomplished anything yet, and to take back control of the market they need a closing basis break below the daily middle band. Until we see that this is likely to be just be another buyable dip. SPX daily chart:
That's not to say that no support levels were broken yesterday. The 5DMA broke, but not in the first three days after the break up which would have been very bearish. SPX closed under the 50 hour MA, but the break is marginal so far and just tells us that this is not a strong uptrend, which isn't news. Bears need to do more today if they want to demonstrate that the 2015 high has already been made. SPX 60min chart:
I'm still working on how my work will be split between here and my new swing trading site theartofchart.net in collaboration with Stan Nabozny. I think for the moment I'm going to try posting a chart that belongs there at the bottom of each of my morning posts & see how that goes.

This chart is the falling wedge breaking up on GC on an hourly buy signal. We're expecting a reversal pattern to form and then a likely full retrace of the wedge back over 1200.; GC 60min chart:
I'm leaning bullish today unless bears can break below daily middle band support. If we see an intraday break under 2103 then the odds will shift towards the 2015 high being made and on a close below the middle band I'd be looking for a probable retest of 2072 area support.

No comments:

Post a Comment