- WE'RE JUST RANDOM SPECKS OF DUST IN A TORNADO TO THE MARKETS .......
- CHARTISTS MUST PUT ALL BIAS ASIDE AND LET THE CHARTS DO THE TALKING OR WE'LL SEE ONLY WHAT WE WANT TO SEE
- This blog has a copy of all header posts that I publish anywhere, so that those interested in seeing what my thoughts are on the markets can find them easily.
- I will be answering questions and responding to comments, so feel free to respond to any posts and I will see your comment even if it is not on the most recent post.
- If you're interested in seeing any intraday charts I post, I do that on twitter, and my twitter handle is @shjackcharts.
- The charts in the posts are as large as I can practically make them. if you would like to look at one more closely, click on it, and the link will take you to a larger version at screencast. If you click on that again, you will get a full page version, and can use the resizing function on your browser to enlarge parts of interest further.

Friday 12 June 2015

Retesting Broken Resistance

Yesterday went much as expected, with a first test of the daily middle band that failed, a no retest of broken resistance turned support. Overnight ES has retraced to test support, which on ES is in the 2098 (50 hour MA) to 2102.5 (50 DMA) range. If this area holds today then I would expect another attempt at the daily middle band with a break up, before a retest of the all time highs. If we instead see a hard break of support today then the picture gets a lot darker, and we might well break back down hard. SPX 60min chart:
Hopefully some of you took the long on bonds I was looking at earlier this week. The falling wedge has now broken up and I'm looking for a full retrace back to 123.3, with possible fail areas at the 50% and 61.8% fibs. TLT 15min chart:
I'm expecting a short term bullish resolution today and will be looking for long entries at support. If we get the retest of the all time highs I'll be looking for a very hard fail there. This is the retest to make the second high of a double top scenario that I was looking at on 26th May. You can see that here. I don't think this move has any longer term bullish implications and will be adding short at the retest.

No comments:

Post a Comment