- WE'RE JUST RANDOM SPECKS OF DUST IN A TORNADO TO THE MARKETS .......
- CHARTISTS MUST PUT ALL BIAS ASIDE AND LET THE CHARTS DO THE TALKING OR WE'LL SEE ONLY WHAT WE WANT TO SEE
- This blog has a copy of all header posts that I publish anywhere, so that those interested in seeing what my thoughts are on the markets can find them easily.
- I will be answering questions and responding to comments, so feel free to respond to any posts and I will see your comment even if it is not on the most recent post.
- If you're interested in seeing any intraday charts I post, I do that on twitter, and my twitter handle is @shjackcharts.
- The charts in the posts are as large as I can practically make them. if you would like to look at one more closely, click on it, and the link will take you to a larger version at screencast. If you click on that again, you will get a full page version, and can use the resizing function on your browser to enlarge parts of interest further.

Wednesday 10 June 2015

Rally Time

SPX had me worried yesterday morning when falling wedge support broke, but it reversed at the 2072 triangle target and broke right back up. This is unusual but perfectly valid. With the 15min buy signal as well I am expecting a rally back into the 2090s, most likely to test key resistance in the 2099-2101 area at the 50 hour MA and 50 day MA and EMA. I have marked up a possible IHS on the chart, which could morph into a double bottom on a retest of yesterday's lows. SPX 15min chart:
INDU and TRAN are supportive of a rally, with two more falling wedges that have broken up, and a part formed IHS and double bottom respectively. Scan 3x 15min SPX INDU TRAN charts:
There is a falling megaphone on NDX that has still yet to break up, with another part-formed IHS. RUT and NYA both look ready for more upside as well.  Scan 3x 15min NDX RUT NYA charts:
TLT has been a bit of a mystery the last few days but I had enough data points yesterday to identify the pattern, which is a decent falling wedge. ideally this will make a slightly lower low today and then break up to retrace the full move down from 1st June. TLT 15min chart:
Is a rally guaranteed here? No, as there is no such thing as a sure thing in this business. The setup is good though and I think the high probability outcome here is a move back into the 2090s to test overhead resistance. The next week or two should depend on whether the rally breaks up or fails at resistance there.

No comments:

Post a Comment